Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hangover - Re-enacted

Dec 31, 2009 - A night to remember : That is if I could remember what happened ....

8:00 am Jan 1, '10 - Hrishi tries waking me up. I give him a blank stare and ask him to try again after 10 mins. As I float back into my slumber, I wonder as to what Hrishi is doing in my room. But the lethargy takes over my reasoning capabilities.

8:20 am Jan 1, '10 - Phone rings.
Even in my torpor, I can discern that Hrishi seems to be talking to someone about the number of bags we have !
What bags ? What the hell is Hrishi doing in my room ? Why does the mattress not feel familiar ? Why isn't the AC on ?

8:30 am Jan 1, '10 - Phone rings again.
Enough of the mystery. I wake up to a shock as I realize that me and Hrishi are in some place that looked vaguely like a dingy and smoky hotel room. I just stare blankly at Hrishi, as he gets back to discussing about the number of 'bags' to someone on the phone.

8:35 am Jan 1, '10 - Eureka !
I remember. At least till 11:30 p.m.

****

4:30 pm Dec 31, '09 - A sudden plan is made to celebrate New Year's eve in Pondicherry.

8:30 pm Dec 31, '09 - We (Me, Manish, Hrishi and Rahul) land up in Pondicherry.

9:30 pm Dec 31, '09 - We enter "Le B.. (Something with B)"; a sea facing hotel that offered us 'unlimited booze'

Around 11:00 pm Dec 31, '09 & After 3 bottles of Foster's, a shot of Red Vodka and a portion of wine -
... I dont remember much. Well, I have hazy memories of dancing with some Talwar Singh and clicking pics while I went shouting "Go Punjab !"........ I remember that the four of us made the entire crowd shout "IIT Madras Rocks" .. (Guess not a single one in the crowd knew what they were cheering for ! Half of them wouldn't even know what IIT stood for !)..

That's about it.... I guess. The next thing I remember was waking up in the hotel.

****

8:45 am Jan 1, '10 - As I wash my face, I wonder where the fuck are the other two guys - Rahul and Manish !

Hrishi reveals that those two left for Chennai the previous night itself after the police ordered them to leave the beach. It seems that putting up the night at the beach, which was our plan, wasn't legally allowed in Pondicherry. It seems Manish and Rahul left Pondy at around 3 in the night, after having failed to locate the two of us, bloody drunk and driving at 130 km/hr....

Hrishi also added that I passed out before midnight and they had got me to the beach. I left unconsciousness on the rock beach as the new year dawned. They went about wishing foreigners !(In hope that some firang chick might give them a new year kiss :D)..

Hrishi by this time was too drunk to accompany them, so he came back and sat beside me as Rahul and Manish continued their endeavour.

And this is where we lost them. And they lost us.


8:55 am Jan 1, '10 - Both me and Hrishi set about finding what had happened post midnight.
As we check our bags(the same bags that Hrishi was talking about on the phone. Rahul's bag was with Hrishi), we find a broken red toothbrush (that doesn't belong to any of us)and a piece of paper with "CALL ME , PRABHU 9*********". My wallet was missing. Hrishi had scratches on his knees and his brand new trousers were dirty as hell.

I go and make a quick inquiry at the reception, which is when we realize that it was an autowallah who dropped us at the hotel at around 2:30 in the night. A few more events dawned upon us. We were lathi charged by the police from the beach. As Hrishi tried to stand up and walk he fell over himself on the rock beach hurting his knees. I was so high that I could not even prevent someone from running away with my wallet. And then when we took shelter on the pavement on a road perpendicular to the beach, the police lathi charged us again, asking us to not be in the vicinity of the beach.

Something .. Something ... which we don't remember.

I remember paying the autowallah 40 bucks.

Something .. Something .. which we don't remember.

We also remembered having received innumerable calls from Manish asking where we were, to which Hrishi used to reply - "Dude, how would I know where I am ?"

9:35 am Jan 1, '10 - Enough of Poncdicherry. We buy a new helmet, have four cups of coffee and set back on our way to Chennai.

****

We still haven't been able to fill in all the blanks, especially the broken red toothbrush. By the way, Prabhu turns out to be a pimp, who slips in his number to random guys ! Fortunately and thankfully, all of us are still clean !(atleast we would like to believe so).

5 comments:

  1. Holy Shit!!!!!
    Dude u sure u havent done anything else...I mean anythin contrary to ur orientation or something like dat....or did some LSD or stuff...how on earth could u paint d town so red :D
    P.S: Russi will love manish d more aftr dis stunt :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. red toothbrush...random number....scratches on the body...seems that there has been more than that meets the eye! ;) :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Etymofreak
    How I wish I could tell anything for sure ! ... Guess I am knowledgeable enough to vouch for the fact that "anything else" did not happen.

    @ Consuella
    dont be surprised if the other half of the story is published a decade later :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude that broken red tooth brush is mine... I had to buy a new one after coming to campus.

    I was wondering who would steal a toothbrush.. anyways now i know what happened to that

    Lol :P

    ReplyDelete